Welcome to this week's edition of the Outdoors Club happenings.
We had our first meeting this past Tuesday and it was awesome to see so many excited new members out there.
Some general (tater) tots of information:
- Don't forget about the scavenger hunt going on in Schenley park tonight (Thursday 8/29)! It sounds sort of cheesy but we promise it will be fun. You'll get to meet other members of the club (in a romantic and intimate setting), hike a bit, possibly eat some food, and light that spark between you and that outdoorsy looking gal or gentleman you've had your eye on. We're meeting at Schenley plaza at 7:30 and it shouldn't last more than 2 hours. It might be muddy from the rain the last couple days.
- Our first trip to Ohiopyle is going out in two weeks! This trip includes rafting, kayaking, climbing, hiking, camping, skipping, frolicing, dancing, dancing, and dancing. We'll talk more about this trip during the next meeting. Signups will go out next week with the meeting minutes.
- If you haven't had a chance to signup for the club you can do so at next meeting or by stopping by our office hours for the next two weeks. The dues for the club are $10 for the semester or $15 for the year. Waivers can be found at www.pittoutdoors.com/waiver.pdf. Our office is in 319 O'Hara Student Center.
Office hours are:
Alex - Monday 11-11:50
Tyler - Thursdays 2-4
Jordi - Thursdays 1-2
Troy - Fridays 2-4
Phillip - Tuesdays 2-4
- We will be selling Tshirts, nalgenes, and shot glasses at the next meeting. The Tshirts will be $10 each and the other stuff doesn't have a price yet. The logo design for this year is attached to this email. All profits from the sale go to buying you gear that you probably will be trusting your life to at some point. Buying tshirt = alive. Any questions should be directed to Troy (email@example.com)
- Check out our website for a calendar of events for this semester. www.pittoutdoors.com
That's all for now folks. If you have any questions give us a call at 1-800-Outdoors-are-scary or email any of the officers (look on website for contact info).
To get frequent updates about what is going on you can follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PittOutdoorsClub) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/PittOutdoors).
Take it easy,
Jack_Daniels_POC_Logo.jpg [683.25 KB]: https://pitt-community.symplicity.com/attachments/att521f36b2bd204/Jack_Daniels_POC_Logo.jpg